Friday, October 25, 2019

18A - Create a Customer Avatar



Meet Ydelis - 39 year old mother of 5




  • Considers herself a woman of faith
  • Close to her family
  • Puerto-Rican family background
  • Married
  • Works from home as a home designer
  • Loves to shop, but mostly looking for a bargain
  • One of her children is diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder
  • Two are adopted
  • Another is diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder
  • In her very infrequent "free time" Ydelis likes to take jogs around the neighborhood, read books and grocery shop (it's therapeutic for her).
  • Loves to spend time with her kids and their dogs
  • Owns two schnauzers named Kiko and Mino
  • Is happy with her life but sometimes feels overwhelmed by the amount of things she has going on
While typing this out, I couldn't help but notice how much of myself I was putting into this avatar. Sure, she is a completely made up individual and I snatched that stock photo of a mother reading to her children from Google, but a lot of the hobbies and likes/dislikes I molded her into, came from my own persona and background. Ydelis and I share a lot of things in common. Although I am not 42 and not yet a mother, I do love spending time with children (and doggos), reading books, and grocery shopping. We both share Hispanic backgrounds and consider ourselves women of faith. I think, without putting a thought into it, often when we create a product/service and picture our customers, we often picture someone like ourselves with a similar need in that product/service. After all, the idea for the venture, began with ourselves, so it doesn't at all surprise me that one of the customers, might just be someone like us.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jules! I really enjoyed reading your post cause of the specificity and detail I found that it went into! I also noticed as I was doing this assignment that I really did pour myself into the avatar. For the most part, the avatar was a complete reflection of me and my experiences. It really helped me to relate to my customer better and I am sure it did for you too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

30A - Final Reflection

The most formative experience in this class for me, was creating an elevator pitch. An elevator pitch is something I did not have to do ver...