Friday, October 25, 2019

22A - Elevator Pitch No.3

Link to my pitch: https://youtu.be/tZ3yYJJLD1c


*Please excuse the wind noise and my occasional look of terror trying to swat away mosquitoes. I was outside and it just so happen to be really windy and mosquito infested in Florida (when is it not though...) when I recorded this.*


Elevator Pitch Transcription:

As a mother, can you think of a time you tried to schedule a babysitter for your night out or weekend trip away, but could not get any of the right contenders for your child?

This is a problem that a lot of parents experience, especially parents of children with Intellectual and Developmental Disorders like Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). A lot of the times, babysitting sites don't have many options to find sitters/caregivers who have had prior experience with this special population and as a parent, just any baby sitter won't do.

They have to know how to react to your child when problem behavior occurs, how to respond to them behaving "oddly" when really they are just behaving differently than a typical child, and how to engage with your child in a way your child will enjoy something out it, which may not be by playing video games or kicking a soccer ball like other typical children.

Allies 4 Autism is a starter app, meant to bridge this gap between caregivers/sitters and families with special needs. The way it works, is that it networks all available sitters who have had experience with the Autism community before or currently work in or are studying in behavior analysis field, to families that register their needs in the app in their location.

This kills two birds with one stone, if I might say, because (example:) it can connect needing families with behavior therapists or students in the ABA track at the University of Florida in their area allowing families to leave their children with ASD-knowledgeable caregivers and feel relieved about it.

For just a free app installation, this app will connect your family with everything it needs and guide you through resources for your child available throughout the entire city, or area you set it to.

Leave all the worries behind by joining and become an Ally today!

A reflection:
Because this is the first full elevator pitch I've uploaded on my blog (i didn't post the others for personal reasons), I was not able to receive any feedback on how I present myself or delivered this pitch; however, watching myself on camera, I can already catch a few things other people would comment on as well. I know in this pitch, I had a difficult time looking directly at the camera, that was because I did not have my pitch fully memorized and might have needed a little help knowing what to say. Although it was not filmed in a "dorm room", it wasn't on any professional camera either and I know the angle might look a little weird. There's also that outdoorsy background noise. All in all, I still felt confident in the content in my pitch, I think I covered the aspects needed in the time I had to record it but I am always welcome to more feedback and the opportunity to improve myself and my pitch deliveries. Thanks for watching!



No comments:

Post a Comment

30A - Final Reflection

The most formative experience in this class for me, was creating an elevator pitch. An elevator pitch is something I did not have to do ver...