Ten Resources in my venture
1. Experience working with kids on the spectrum as an RBT
- V- very valuable when looking for opportunities to interact with this population and in needed situations
- R- I think generally it is rare to find individuals that are passionate or interested in this field or in this population.
- I-it might be hard to copy by others because the app will be tailored to the individual's needs in the area they are in (starting off locally in Gainesville, FL)
- N- not substitutable because it is tailored to my personal experience as a behavior therapist.
2. Patience
- V-Patience is a very important virtue to possess when creating a venture. You must be patient with your consumers and listen to their wants and needs.
- R-Not alot of people are fit to handle other people in a professional manner. In other words, some people are just not people persons and may not know how to handle an uncomfortable situation or not have the patience to take care of their consumer's needs.
- I- I think patience is inimitable because not everybody possesses this quality.
- N- I dont think there are other resources that can substitute patience.
3. Compassionate persona
- V- I've been told by people close to me that I am compassionate and care alot about others. This is a valuable resource to have because in order to serve the people, you need to care enough about them to find out what problems they may be facing and what you can do to resolve those problems.
- R- This is not everyone's persona.
- I- I think compassion varies from person to person. How someone makes another feel heard and understood, i think that is not replaceable nor imitable.
- N- Compassion is needed behind every business where humans and/or animals are the consumers, therefore it is not replaceable.
4. Multi-lingualism
- V - Being able to understand and speak various languages I think benefits anyone in any area of work they are trying to succeed. Communication is very important in everything we do. And if we don't have access to that, if our consumers don't have access to that, it becomes a business that is lacking the ability to help its people.
- R- It is rare to find people that bilingual let along multi-lingual.
- I - Although, technically a language can be imitable, as it is something that can be learned with much dedication and practice but is not easy to replicate.
- N- Multilingualism will always be present and useful in any scenario regardless of work field.
5. Broad network
- V- I have a broad network of resources and individuals around me that I can reach out to with questions about how to go about my venture or if I'm looking for a second opinion. A good network is a backbone to a successful business.
- R - A good network is rare to find especially if you do are not active in the community you are interested in.
- I - Every network will be different.
- N - A good network is irreplaceable and necessary to help start up a business.
6. Leadership skills
- V - My experience at my current job allows me to develop and showcase my leadership skills among my team. Teamwork as well as leadership is important in running any business and can determine the success of the business.
- R - Leadership skills can be difficult to develop especially if you are like me, someone who is more reserved and prefers to be a part of the crowd instead of standing out in one but over the years I've been able to overcome that and watched myself grow in my leading capabilities.
- I - Anyone can be a leader, but your personal qualities that make you, you can play a part in how you lead an organization or business.
- N - There are many different types of leaders. Does not mean that one is substitutable for another because there are different ways to lead that can be effective.
7. Organizational skills
- V - Coordinating is a valuable skill to have to make sure things are in place and your business is starting and running smoothly.
- R - Some people are not that good at organizing or planning.
- I - Not imitable.
- N - Not replaceable.
8. Ability to control finances
- V - I am able to responsibly handle money which would become more valuable in a business setting.
- R - It might be rare to find people in my age range (college aged) who are able to develop good money habits.
- I - Not imitable
- N - Not substitutable
9. Social capital
- V - I already know some families who would be really interested in this app if I were to actually go through with it. These kinds of prior connections end up being very valuable to the business and help you get off your feet.
- R - It is rare to have potential customers before even starting your venture.
- I - The personal relationships created in the process of putting the business cannot be imitated.
- N - These relationships cannot be substituted.
10. Come from generations of small business owners
- V - I come from a family of small business owners (relatives that live in the Dominican Republic who run their own shops) which is valuable because I gain experience when I help them with the shop or gain insight from them.
- R - Not many business start ups have a model to follow or people to guide them through the process.
- I - This cannot be imitated.
- N - Personal experiences and insight from generational family owned business are non-substitutable.
Hey Julissa, I thought you did a great job listing your ventures. I was able to understand your idea on all of them because your blog post was full of detail and well-thought out. I also thought you did a great job conducting your "vrin" on every venture. I was able to identify your human capital, social capital, financial capital, and capabilities very clearly.
ReplyDelete