Monday, November 25, 2019

29A - Venture Concept No.2

Opportunity:
  • Need: The need lies with families with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related disabilities.
  • The need itself is a downloadable application that links these families with resources and caregiving services specifically tailored to the needs of the ASD population.
  • Geographically, this market is anywhere you are. The consumer's locations and local neighborhood will filter out the services available in that area that would be a match for them.
  • Currently, this need is in a way being met by other services out there. There are caregiving and babysitting apps out there that include a special needs population option if you fall in this category but there is only a small number of sitters on these sites that actually have experience with this population and/or are willing to take on the job.
Innovation: 
  • My app, Allies 4 Autism would be a concoction of services and resources, all freely found on a singular app easily downloadable on all phones and modern devices. Parents with kids with ASD and other related disabilities would be the primary users of this app and its resources. Access to available sitters and caregivers (all with previous experience caring for or providing clinical therapy to this population) in their area, support groups, ABA clinics, Autism awareness events and walks, etc.
  • It would simply be a free app installation so there would be no cost for the app itself, but the caregivers and parents would be the ones setting up their rates and what they're willing to pay for services offered and that way, matches would be made.
Venture Concept:
  • Other competitors do not currently have services tailored specifically to the ASD population nearly as extensive as Allies 4 Autism would be.
  • Parents and families would be willing to make the switch because there is no existing competitor that would match and meet their child's exact needs.
  • The rates and prices would be solely determined by the parents and caregiving providing the services. So the "employees" would be the sitters registered on the application but will self-manage their pay according to how much they decide to work.
  • Considering the future, I would plan to pass the business down through my family (that has been briefed about how meaningful this venture is to me) or to an organization that is currently working towards creating more resources for the Autism community and needing families.
Feedback and Adjustments:

  • Although I did not receive feedback for my first venture concept, there were some things I felt I could adjust in my venture that would help explain my concept better.
  • I also looked at feedback other student's left on other parts of my venture in my blog, and some said that I should branch out to other existing organizations if I were to ever sell or pass the business down.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jules! I really liked your venture concept. I felt like you really covered everything very thoroughly and explained everything very well. I also like how you did not get any feedback last time, but you still felt like there were things that you could have adjusted to make your concept better. I really appreciated that because I also did not get any feedback last time but I felt that I did have areas in my venture concept that I could adjust. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jules! I really do like your idea. The only issue I have is with the word concoction. I think for your best success you should keep it simple, while parents of people with autism probably need a lot of help and would want an all encompassing resource, that is just not realistic for a start up. Besides that I think you are working towards a really noble cause and have a great idea. I am also not sure if your app is set far enough apart from competitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julissa, I really enjoyed reading your second venture concept. I think you did a great job reading the feedback and doing the proper research for your product. I believe that your product could end up helping a lot of people in the future, it just depends on if you want to continue your opportunity or not. You have put in a lot of work and research and I don't want that to go unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete

30A - Final Reflection

The most formative experience in this class for me, was creating an elevator pitch. An elevator pitch is something I did not have to do ver...