For my second reading reflection, I chose to read "Grinding it out", a book about how McDonald's became what he is today. I think reading this book taught me a lot about how to cope with failure and dealing with the challenges throughout, especially when creating a business. Ray Kroc didn't become successful and make millions overnight. He had a very good ability of working in the business field, knew how to deal with the challenges he faced and overcame them. I think like a lot of us, Kroc has to go through a lot of unpleasant jobs and work all different kinds of areas to get to where he got to, bringing a huge business as an entrepreneur and helping McDonald's get to where it is today.
One of the aspects I really liked about Kroc was his hard-working demeanor. He knew hard work was one the very important pathways to success and I tend to agree with him. If effort and dedication is put into your work, I think there is a lot that can be accomplished. However, hard work alone sometime just is not enough and I think that was one of the points i missed in this book. Sometimes a lot of outside factors can make or break your success. But I think his path can inspire so many others that wish to become entrepreneurs.
Hi Jules! I really enjoyed reading your post because I felt like you really got the whole point of the book! I personally did not read this book but I learned a lot from it just from what you had to say about it! I think it is important to face challenges head on and not to let them consume you but rather to overcome them which is what Ray Kroc did.
ReplyDelete